Explainer Video Groups
|Group Number||Group Member Names|
|One||Callie, Hannah, Marlene, and Ryan Piansky|
|Two||Elhadji, Keanu, Benjamin, and George|
|Three||Malina, Hajime, Peyton, and Gunhyun|
|Four||Aaquila, Xiang, Brianna, and Yue|
|Five||Ryan Enfeild, Ryan Kretzmer, James, Isaiah|
|Six||Brian, Uti, Devarsh and Ibitola|
Poster Session 1
Set up by taping your posters to the white boards around the room.
As the presenters set up, we’ll go over a few ‘best practices’ for responding to presentations
Presentation Session Assignments
|Session 1 Presenters||Session 2 Presenters|
|James Peavy||Hannah Fallon|
|Ryan Enfield||Peyton Nguyen|
|Hajime Minoguchi||Callie Anderson|
|George Frampton||Marlene Garcia Gomez|
|Brian Buckley||Aaqila Faizer|
|Ryan Piansky||Yue Teng|
|Devarsh Pandya||Elhadji Barry|
|Ryan Kretzmer||Malina Hy|
|Keanu White||Isaiah Sutherland|
|Xiang Li||Ibitola Toyin-Adelaja|
Audience Best Practices
Try to keep the following in mind as you listen to the presenters’ pitches:
- 1. What sort of development project does the speaker present?
- 2. According to the presenter, what makes the project sustainable?
Keep the following in mind as you look at the presenters’s posters:
- 1.How the poster respond to the rhetorical situation, i.e. illustrate an issues related to sustainability trough a local/national development project?
- 2. How does the poster catch and sustain your attention via design choices: alignment, proximity, contrast, chunking, etc.?
Synthesize your looking and listening into a question that helps the presenter make connections and/or advances their project or your understanding:
- 1.Key terms: I like that you drew our attention to ________ project. I wonder if you could say more about how Caradonna, Morton, or Clark’s terms describe the project you illustrate.
- 2. Imagery/Design: You do a really nice job illustrating ___________ in___________ portion of your poster. What guided your design decisions?
- 3. Scaling up: I love that you chose to illustrate _______ as an example of ________. What does the development project you chose say about the context in which it was created? Does the issue you chose challenge assumptions about the defintion of sustainability?
AWARE! Wildlife Ambassador Animals Event
Please keep the following in mind as we watch the Ambassador Animals Event
- 1. What social forces displace local animals?
- 2. What sorts of development projects can ensure equity for both human and animal inhabitants?
- 3. What sorts of claims does the AWARE! ambassador make? Are you persuaded? Why/why not?